In this help article we'll share how to present your classes, events and workshops online with video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Google Hangouts. We'll assume you already have an OfferingTree site and are on either the free trial or a paid plan. For an in depth resource on how to get started with OfferingTree please read our post, Creating Your Digital Presence With OfferingTree, or if you just want to dive right in you can sign up at https://offeringtree.com/signup
Schedule an Offering
- Visit the admin 'Schedule' page to schedule an Offering. Press the 'Add' button on the day you want the scheduling. Watch this how-to video if you are unfamiliar with OfferingTree's scheduling tools.
- If you want to schedule a class or event that a client registers for individually select, 'Schedule an Offering'. If you want to schedule a workshop or class series, select 'Schedule a Series' and when a client registers they will be registering for the entire series of events or classes. To learn more about scheduling a series watch this how-to video.
- When you're adding an event or class to your schedule or series, there is an 'Online event' checkbox. Check this box to make this an online offering.
- Finally, enter in the info needed to join the video call. You can use many video conferencing solutions with OfferingTree, but below we offer instructions for getting this link information using Zoom and Google Hangouts. If you'd like to have the link information public, so that it's available to everyone viewing this scheduling on your website, check the 'Public Link' checkbox.
Now when people visit your OfferingTree website and register for an online offering, they'll receive a confirmation email with the details of the registration as well as the video conferencing link. You'll also get an email notifying you of a registration.
Creating a Video Conferencing Meeting
- Sign in or create an account with Zoom
- Go to your profile and copy your personal meeting link. This is the link you'll use in step 4 above to put in the 'Online link' field.
*Note - If you choose to create a meeting for your class or event, instead of using your personal meeting link, you may want to leave the 'Registration' checkbox unchecked so participants don't have to register with OfferingTree and Zoom.
If you would like to read more about Zoom there are plenty of instructional YouTube videos online. They also have a pretty comprehensive help page you can visit here.
Using Google Hangouts
- Sign in or create an account with Google
- Visit https://hangouts.google.com/ and press the 'Video Call' option.
- Copy the video call link. This is the link you'll use in step 4 above to put in the 'Online link' field.
If you would like to learn more about how to use Google Hangouts, here is their help page with instructions for how to get started using video calls.